Welcome
Welcome to Joel's Trumpet!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

THE WORD FOR THE DAY

General bible study and discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE WORD FOR THE DAY

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 am

THE WAY TO VICTORY
David Wilkerson
February 17, 2017

What is the way to victory for God’s people?

First, dive into God’s Word, lay hold of your special promise, take it into the secret place of prayer, and hold God to it. I have favorite promises from the Bible that I hold up to God whenever I cry out to Him.
“What man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?” (Matthew 7:9-11).

Ask the Lord for good things. He is waiting to give them to you! And ask Him to take away all your shame and remove the stain of sin. He longs to do it for you.

“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end” (Ephesians 3:20-21).

Take this promise to God daily, saying, “Father, You said You would do more than I ask so today I am asking You to answer my prayer abundantly.” God is pleased by such faith.

Second, trust the Holy Spirit, who abides in you. God does not have to send an angel to speak to you; you already have His resources within you — the Holy Spirit Himself! Acknowledge His presence and say to Him, “Holy Spirit, You know the way out of this mess and I don’t. Right now I give You direction of my life. You know the very mind of God.”

Beloved, if you make this simple confession, you will know times of refreshing from the Lord. Even when you are ready to give up, He remains faithful to deliver you.
Willard

Gal 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world
ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:02 pm

IS YOUR BATTLE UNIQUE?
David Wilkerson
February 16, 2017

Are you being pressed on all sides and tested beyond your endurance? YES I AM
Is your strength nearly gone, leaving you on the brink of giving up? YES IT IS
If this is the case, what is your way to victory? YHVA

I can tell you how God continues to bring me out.
First, do not think you are experiencing some strange, unique battle. NO
On the contrary! You are in good company. Remember Job, Jeremiah, Elijah, David, Paul? YES I REMEMBER THEM VERY WELL

What you are going through has been common to believers throughout the centuries. YES IT HAS

“Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: but rejoice, I REJOICE IN THE LORD

inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy” (1 Peter 4:12-13).

Second, when you think you cannot go another step or endure another hour, with all that is in you cry out to God, “Lord, help!” LORD HELP ME – RELEASE ME AND UNSLAVE ME LORD FROM ALL

Then consider the counsel of the psalmist:

“I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me” (Psalm 55:16-18). AMEN

“I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. . . . In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears” (Psalm 18:3, 6). AMEN

“O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me” (Psalm 30:2). AMEN

And here is a key verse: “For he shall deliver the needy when he crieth; the poor also, and him that hath no helper” (Psalm 72:12). AMEN and AMEN and AMEN
Willard

Gal 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world
ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:54 pm

THE PROMISE
David Wilkerson
March 2, 2017

“You shall not be afraid of them” (Deuteronomy 7:18). For Israel, “them” represented the massive, well-armed heathen nations they faced. For us today, “them” represents every problem, trouble, and overwhelming difficulty we face in life.

God tells us that we are not to fear! And because He says so, no other explanation is needed. He is all powerful and wholly aware of the satanic strongholds we face. He knows every trial and temptation that Satan will ever throw at us. And still He commands us, “You shall not fear any of them!”

Abraham was living in a strange country, surrounded by powerful kings, not knowing where he would end up. Yet, God’s first word to him was, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward” (Genesis 15:1).

The meaning of this verse is, “I will be a wall around you, your protector, your defense.” In essence, God was telling Abraham, “You are going to face difficulties but I will protect you through them all.” Abraham responded by believing God’s word to him: “And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness” (verse 6).
Abraham’s son Isaac also lived in a hostile environment, surrounded by Philistines who hated him, harassed him, and wanted him off their land. Scripture says that every time Isaac dug a well for a supply of water, the Philistines filled it back up (see Genesis 26:15).

Everywhere Isaac went he felt nothing but contention. A cloud of doubt formed over him and he wondered if he could ever make it. But God gave Isaac the same word He had given Abraham: “Do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you and multiply your descendants for My servant Abraham’s sake” (Genesis 26:24).

Today, like Isaac, we are the children of Abraham and God makes the same promise to us: “If you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:39 am

THE VICTORY IS ALREADY WON
David Wilkerson
March 3, 2017

Do you wake up every day in anguish over a besetting habit or lust in your life? God knows all about the sin remaining in your heart. He knows you hate it and have wept over it and He wants you to hear this word: “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him and I am helped” (Psalm 28:7).
Satan wants you to be afraid that you will never be delivered, never be free. But David said, “I will fear no evil” (Psalm 23:4).

God says to all grieving, hurting saints, “Fear not! I see and know all your suffering and I will not allow Satan to destroy you.”

You may ask, “But what am I to do? How can I have the Lord’s peace in all this?” The answer is found in God’s word to Moses and Israel. With the sea before them, an enemy behind them, and no place to turn, God commanded them, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. . . . The Lord will fight for you and you shall hold your peace” (Exodus 14:13-14).

This last phrase, “Hold your peace,” means no more worrying, no more trying to figure everything out on your own. Instead, trust God to make a way for you.

Joshua and his army had to march all night to Gibeon, where they faced a massive military machine. Joshua looked down at the battlefield and saw the valley filled with mighty chariots and well-trained infantrymen — yet, all he had was a band of weary, unskilled troops.

“The Lord said to Joshua, Do not fear them, for I have delivered them into your hand; not a man of them shall stand before you” (Joshua 10:8).

God declared victory even before Joshua went into battle! He said, “The victory is already won. Now, go and fight, knowing I have promised you the victory.”

That is the message of the cross! The victory has already been won for us.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:48 am

ARE YOU TRYING TOO HARD?
Gary Wilkerson
March 6, 2017

Many Christians today are exhausted by their efforts to ward off sin. They are drained of every last ounce of joy, and the victory Christ won for them gets lost in their dogged efforts to establish a righteousness of their own.
Righteousness that is pursued by anything other than faith will always fail. You see, there cannot be both God’s righteousness and our own. That would mean there are two gospels: His and ours. We cannot mix our self-righteousness with God’s holy righteousness.

But aren’t we supposed to put forth some effort? Doesn’t the Bible say we are to avoid sin? Yes, but there is only one way for us to avoid sin and that is through Jesus. He is not just a truth we accept, He is the living God and His sanctifying work never stops day or night.

Paul answers the question of self-effort in Romans 9. He speaks of a people who actually attained righteousness: “[The] Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith” (Romans 9:30). These people did not get worn down by their own efforts; they were not weighed down by their failures. They put all their faith in Jesus’ work on the cross for them — and they were sustained by His abundant life.

“Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes” (Romans 10:4). This verse has brought freedom to all generations of believers. Christ is the end. There is nothing else! “So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy” (Romans 9:16).

Friend, are you worn down from trying to do better? Are you weary of the endless cycle of recommitment and failure? Then put it all behind you; let your striving end. Your right standing with the Lord does not depend upon your will but on God, who has mercy on us.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:31 am

GOD IS THINKING OF YOU
David Wilkerson
March 31, 2017

I have a short message for those who are experiencing a painful, overwhelming situation. I am not speaking to those who now enjoy a time of rest from suffering, who are not in any kind of pain or sorrow. Thank God for those times of quiet rest.

Rather, I receive many letters from precious followers of Jesus who are living with incredible inner sorrow and crisis situations: divorce, children on drugs or in jail, the death of a spouse. A woman deeply in love with the Lord grieves over the death of her children, who suffocated in a fire. A pastor grieves for his wife, who left him and his children for a lesbian lover.

I have a message for you godly people who are suffering. In Psalm 40, David cried, “Innumerable evils have surrounded me. . . Be pleased, O Lord, to deliver me; O Lord, make haste to help me!” (Psalm 40:12-13). “Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You. . . But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinks upon me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God” (40:16-17).

I have been so blessed and comforted by this one line in verse 17: “The Lord thinks upon me.” Imagine that! The Lord who created all things, the God of this universe, thinks about me. Even now, in your hour of need, His thoughts are about you.

When Israel was captive in Babylon, mourning over the loss of homes and families, God sent word to them through Jeremiah: “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11). God said to His people, “Your nightmare is going to end. I have only good, loving thoughts toward you, and if you seek Me with all your heart, you will find Me.”
Pour out your heart to the Lord. He is thinking of you!

I really needed to hear this message today

Psalm 40

40:13-17 pp—Ps 70:1-5

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

Ps 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
Ps 40:2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Ps 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.

Ps 40:4 Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
Ps 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount u to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare.

Ps 40:6 Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but my ears you have pierced burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.
Ps 40:7 Then I said, “Here I am, I have come—it is written about me in the scroll.
Ps 40:8 I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”

Ps 40:9 I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O LORD.
Ps 40:10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly.

Ps 40:11 Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me.
Ps 40:12 For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.

Ps 40:13 Be pleased, O LORD, to save me; O LORD, come quickly to help me.
Ps 40:14 May all who seek to take my life be put to shame and confusion; may all who desire my ruin t be turned back in disgrace.
Ps 40:15 May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!” be appalled at their own shame.
Ps 40:16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, “The LORD be exalted!”

Ps 40:17 Yet I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help a and my deliverer; O my God, do not delay.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:30 am

THE AWESOME POWER OF JESUS’ NAME
Nicky Cruz
April 1, 2017

Jesus was traveling by boat with His disciples (Mark 5:1-18), when He took them across the Sea of Galilee to the region of Gerasenes, a land inhabited by Gentiles. When Jesus got out of the boat, a demon-possessed man ran toward Him and fell to his knees. The demons shouted at Jesus, “What do You want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God!” And the demons begged Him to have mercy on them.

Jesus asked the man, “What is your name?” But his answer came again from the demons within him: “My name is Legion, for we are many.”

A herd of pigs was feeding nearby, and the demons begged Jesus to allow them to enter into the animals. The demons knew that they had no authority and power in the presence of God’s glory. Satan loves to taunt and ridicule helpless people, but when Jesus shows up, the devil quickly turns into the weak and pathetic loser he really is.

That is another aspect of life that has not changed. Only today, Satan is forced to cower and hide not just at the sight of Jesus but of any follower of Christ. The name of Jesus in the mouth of a believer has awesome power!
Giving the demons permission to enter into the body of a bunch of nasty pigs was a fitting irony, and Jesus let them do it. At once the pigs plunged off a nearby cliff to their deaths. To me, this has always seemed a perfect foreshadowing of what Satan and his demons have to look forward to on the Day of Judgment.

Nicky Cruz, internationally known evangelist and prolific author, turned to Jesus Christ from a life of violence and crime after meeting David Wilkerson in New York City in 1958. The story of his dramatic conversion was told first in The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson and then later in his own best-selling book Run, Baby, Run.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 am

HE IS A REWARDER
David Wilkerson
April 13, 2017

“Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Hebrews 11:6).

We all desire to claim God’s promises, not only for our comfort and blessing but so that we may please Him. We want a faith that brings glory to Him, yet there are times many of us struggle to grasp such a faith.

We often become troubled when our prayers aren’t answered and start to question our faith, wondering, “Is my trust in the Lord too weak? Am I slow to believe? Why do the heavens seem closed to my prayers? Have I wavered somehow? Am I not fervent enough? Is there an evil root of unbelief lodged somewhere in my heart?”

We are trying so hard to believe, struggling so hard to please the Lord with a proper kind of faith, that we thwart our own faith with judgment. Now, after many decades of service to God, I want to tell you what proper faith has become to me:

• It means holding fast to God’s promises when there is no physical evidence that His promises are being fulfilled.

• It means trusting the Holy Spirit to keep my soul at rest, convinced God is working out all things for my good.

• It means resting in this declaration from Paul: “We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm

CHRIST OUR RISEN LORD AND INTERCESSOR
David Wilkerson
April 16, 2017

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25).

What does scripture mean when it says Jesus makes intercession for us? I believe this subject is so deep, majestic and beyond human understanding, I tremble even to address it. Biblical scholars hold various views on its meaning. But no book or commentary has satisfied my search. In fact, the more teaching I’ve read on the matter, the more confusing it all sounds.

Yet, through prayer and trust in the Holy Spirit's guidance, I’ve begun grasping just a little of this incredible subject. Praying very simply, "Lord, how does your intercession in heaven affect my life? Your word says you appear before the father on my behalf. What does this mean in my daily walk with you? I don't need to know what the great scholars have learned. Just show me a simple truth I can grasp and appropriate for my life."

The popular evangelical view of Christ's intercession is that Jesus returned to heaven to act as high priest on our behalf. There is no question about this. The Bible clearly states: "Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself” (Heb. 9:24)

I believe Jesus intercedes today to preserve his people, keeping us from sin and maintaining us in God’s love. He won't allow anything—any fear, any temporary fall, any accusation from Satan—to alienate us from the father. In short, he prays for us in the same way he prayed for his disciple Peter: "that thy faith fail not" (Luke 22:32).

Our savior is alive in glory right now. And he's both fully God and fully human, with hands, feet, eyes, hair. He also has the nail scars on his hands and feet, the wound in his side. He has never discarded his humanity; he's still a man in glory. And right now, our man in eternity is working to make sure we're never robbed of the peace he gave us when he left. He's ministering as our high priest, actively involved in keeping his body on earth full of his peace. And when he comes again, he wants us to "be found of him in peace'' (2 Peter 3: 14).

May this Easter be a day that you can celebrate that He is risen and the peace poured out on us because of it.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:23 pm

THE UNFATHOMABLE MERCY OF GOD
David Wilkerson
April 18, 2017

We all have distractions in life, but let’s face it — men are the worst when it comes to sports. I don’t mean playing sports — which would actually be good for a lot of couch potatoes — but keeping up with sports. Smartphones and the ESPN app have turned once-attentive husbands into screen-gazers. All a guy has to do is silently press the refresh button and dozens of game scores are instantly updated. Every date night is at risk from constant under-the-table glances.

Now let me sing the praises of the refresh button in God’s kingdom. With just one touch of His amazing grace, everything old is wiped away — and life is renewed completely. There are times in all our lives when this needs to happen and, of course, the only One who can bring it about is Jesus. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come” (2 Corinthians 5:17, ESV).

Just like a screen app, nothing in our life changes — everything remains frozen, stuck — until the refresh button is pushed. Are you stuck in patterns of old ways of living, ways that keep you from tasting the freshness of life in Christ?

Jesus has the power to change everything! And just like the woman who was healed by touching His garment, you can be healed and refreshed with just one touch from Him.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 am

HOLD ON JUST A LITTLE WHILE LONGER
Gary Wilkerson
April 24, 2017

Have you ever been on a long road trip and after driving hundreds of miles, you see a sign that says your destination is only thirty miles away? You would think those last few miles would pass quickly but they seem to just crawl by. The last portion of a trip can be the hardest.

The same can be said for our faith during tough circumstances. My father once told me, “Son, when you feel like giving up, when you feel like your life is off track and you don’t hear God anymore, hold on! That last part is the hardest.”

“For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised” (Hebrews 10:35, ESV).

I want to encourage you to hold on just a little bit more. I know you may feel like your dream will never become a reality and you want to give up. But God is saying to you, “Hold on for just a little while longer, dear one. Your victory is just around the corner.”

I have met so many people who are living a life of mediocrity because God’s promises to them were slow in materializing. If they had held on just a little longer, they would have realized the fulfillment they longed for. But they abandoned their faith, withdrew from valor, forsook their dream and purpose. And in so doing, they began living a life of quiet desperation because they no longer really trusted God.

When we no longer believe God for great things, we move in our own strength — completely without His power. So hold on just a little while longer because “after you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.”
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 am

“GOD, WHERE ARE YOU?”
David Wilkerson
April 25, 2017

In times of crisis we want to take action and fix the situation. It is against our nature to stand still and wait; in fact, waiting patiently for God to act is probably the most difficult thing about the Christian walk. Even devoted believers sometimes panic when the Lord doesn’t act quickly, and they often desperately cry out, “Lord, do something!”

God is searching for a people who will trust Him in every crisis, trial and hopeless situation. Indeed, as hard as it is to fathom, God often leads us into situations that are alarming and difficult in order to test us. He wants to see if we are willing to stand still and wait for Him to bring supernatural deliverance. He is producing good fruit in us and molding us into examples of faith to be His testimony to a faithless, ungodly age.

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way” (Psalm 37:23). Ordered means “prearranged, fixed, ordained by God.” This means that it is God, not the devil, who leads us into difficult places. Not only does He allow our trial, but He does so deliberately — and that is hard for us to accept!

I don’t believe God would ever lead us to the brink of a difficult situation and then abandon us. He is absolutely faithful to His children in every crisis. His intervention may not be according to our schedule but He always acts and it is our duty and privilege to stand still and trust Him to see us through to victory.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:33 pm

WHEN THERE IS NO ESCAPE
David Wilkerson
April 26, 2017

We read in Exodus 14 that God told the children of Israel to camp “before Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea” (14:2). This location was situated between two mountain passes with the sea bordering a third side. The only possible route of escape was back into the wilderness — and that was blocked by Pharaoh’s approaching army.
The Israelites were horrified at their situation and were equally horrified that God Himself had led them there! There were so many ways God could have rescued His people. He could have prearranged to knock the wheels off the Egyptians’ chariots, stranding them in the wilderness and starving them to death.

Or He could have sent the supernatural cloud down upon the Egyptians’ camp to confuse them, causing the soldiers to run around in chaos and disorder for days. But, instead, He chose to send the cloud behind the Israelites as protection.

Or He could have sent a single angel to slay the entire Egyptian army in the blink of an eye. God could have chosen many ways to destroy them at any point.

However, the Lord chose not to take such actions. Instead, He saw fit to squeeze Israel into a tight, alarming situation that was impossible to escape by human means. How do we know God arranged this frightful situation to test His people? His own Word says so: “You shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep [My] commandments or not” (Deuteronomy 8:2).

The Lord leads His children into difficult situations in order to provide an opportunity for them to put their lives into His hands — to stand still and trust Him to give deliverance and direction.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 am

NO HUMAN WAY OUT
David Wilkerson
April 28, 2017

Let’s talk about bondage to sin — that is, your battle with the flesh. Under the New Covenant, God allows situations to enter your life to show your helplessness and total dependence on Him to deliver you through faith. God never leads us into temptation but He allows us to come to our wits’ end at times.

If you have a besetting sin, lying spirits come against you continually with demonic lies: “You’re not going to make it. You’re going down! You will end up destroyed.” You wonder, “Lord, how will I ever get up from this? I’ve gone down so low!”

You know you can’t outrun the enemy and you are no match for him in a fight. So you stand before him, cowering, trembling, terrified. Perhaps you run to friends or counselors, anyone who will listen as you weep and pray. You are doing everything except being still and trusting the Lord to bring deliverance.

The Old Testament gives us example after example of how we have no power in our flesh to fight spiritual battles. Our old man is utterly weak and powerless, but we have a new man inside us and he is to submit his life totally into the Lord’s hands. This new man understands there is no human way out and God must do all the fighting for him. We resist the devil by the power of the Holy Spirit, which is revealed in us by faith alone.

“Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you” (Isaiah 41:10).
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Tue May 16, 2017 11:44 am

GOD’S AMAZING OFFER OF MERCY
David Wilkerson
May 16, 2017

There is much talk these days about the fearful condition of our world. Nation after nation is troubled, on the brink of economic disaster. Yet amid all the fear and turmoil, God is still loving and saving lost souls.
His marvelous work of salvation never changes — it is not affected by the economy. His wooing, convicting Holy Spirit isn’t hindered by conditions on Wall Street or by teetering global finances. God’s saving power has never been limited by shrinking bank accounts.

The fact is, our Lord never amends His promises. They are always “yes and amen” at all times and in every circumstance (see 2 Corinthians 1:20). God didn’t promise to provide all our needs except when we are unemployed.

And He didn’t promise to be Jehovah Jireh, our provider, except when economic times get scary.

Our Lord’s promises never change! And that includes His promise about saving the lost. When God commanded us to go into all the world to win the lost, He did not include an exemption clause. He didn't say, “Preach the gospel of my Son Jesus Christ to all nations — except in hard times.” And He never said, “Believe for the salvation of many — except when there is a great shaking in the world.”

Thank God, He has never said the world is too wicked, too hardhearted, too given over to lust to be reached by His Good News. At no time in history has the Lord ever limited His tender mercies — and He never will. Right now, America and the rest of the world could still be spared judgment — if there is true repentance. Of course, such repentance would require a great humbling and a mass return to the Lord. But our God has never rescinded His amazing offer of mercy.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Wed May 31, 2017 9:57 am

THE SECRET OF HIS PRESENCE
David Wilkerson
May 31, 2017

When the world seems to be shaking, a people will arise who know how to maintain their strength in the midst of it all. These are people who draw near to the Lord in times of crisis.

According to Scripture, it won’t matter to these people if the moon and stars fall from the sky, or if the mountains quake and fall into the sea. They will still have faith in the Lord to save them, and they will not have their faith shaken by anything that comes.

In Psalm 31, David introduces a phrase to God’s people: “The secret of thy presence.” David writes: “Oh, how great is Your goodness, which you have prepared for those who trust in You. Which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues” (Psalm 31:19–20, my italics).

David is saying something very profound here to the Body of Christ, telling us, in essence: “All true strength comes from drawing near to the Lord. Indeed, the measure of our strength is proportionate to our nearness to Him.”
Simply put, the closer we are to Jesus, the stronger we are going to be. In fact, all the strength we are ever going to need will come through our secret life of prayer.

Scripture says if we will simply draw near to Christ, He will draw near to us. And by drawing near to Him, we will be given a fresh supply of strength daily. That is the “secret of His presence” that David refers to in Psalm 31.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:44 pm

ABLE TO STAND IN THE STORM
David Wilkerson
June 1, 2017

The devil greatly fears the Lord’s presence in our lives. He trembles at the very thought of a believer’s nearness to Jesus. So, when his demonic hordes see you breathing out prayers and drawing near to the presence of your heavenly Father, all hell takes note: “The Lord is with this believer. He has obtained the divine presence. What can we do against him now?”

Satan will do everything in his power to rob you of the Lord’s presence. It is why he makes so many attempts to bog down your soul with worries about the future.

Simply put, the enemy of your soul wants you drained of all strength. He will use anything he can, even “good” things, to keep you away from spending time alone with Jesus. He knows your time with Christ enables you to endure fear and anxiety, even in this worrisome time.

The whole world is aware that we are facing very difficult times and as believers, we each are faced with an important question: “How near am I to Jesus in this hour?”

I believe that when things are unsettled, the most powerful testimony for a Christian is to be wholly at peace. While the rest of society is in a panic — fainting, in some cases even dying, from fear — the praying believer will be growing continually stronger. This will be so because that godly servant is receiving more and more encouragement from the Holy Spirit. The Bible speaks of that which can’t be shaken!

If you want to be able to stand steadfast in the storm, Scripture’s counsel is simple: You must have the Lord’s presence in your life daily.

How much quality time do you spend alone with Jesus? Are you growing closer to Him with each passing day? Do you pray without ceasing — silently calling out to Him throughout the day and evening? He promises to hear your cry, even when uttered in weakness.
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:01 am

GROWING STRONGER AND STRONGER
David Wilkerson
June 9, 2017

David instructs us, “Those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men! You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence” (Psalm 31:19–20). It is time to shut ourselves in with Christ and pour out our hearts to Him.
When the fury of the storm strikes, we will need our own individual supply of strength. When we are in the midst of the storm, none of us will be able to make it on the strength of anyone else. We won’t be able to draw on our mate, our pastor, our friend, even a prophet of God.

We see this truth illustrated in Jesus’ parable of the foolish virgins. When the virgins tried to borrow oil from their wise counterparts, they were told, “Go and buy oil for yourselves. We don’t have enough for both us and you” (see Matthew 25:9).

Do you hear what Jesus is saying in this parable? He is warning all His children: “No one else has enough faith to carry you. You must have your own supply of belief and trust in Me.”

It is so very simple: You need your own supply of strength. Yet you can’t get this by merely reading books or listening to sermons and/or teaching tapes. Neither can you get it by just being involved in corporate worship or doing good works. This strength comes from being alone with the Lord in His presence.

I speak now to every Christian: The time has come for you to draw near to Jesus. You need His presence more than ever!

The Psalmist says of those who appear before the Lord in Zion: “They go from strength to strength” (Psalm 84:7). We are being told, “The praying believer will not faint in hard times. He is going to grow stronger and stronger because he trusts in God.”
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:15 am

PRAYING SUCH AS THE WORLD HAS NEVER KNOWN!
David Wilkerson

June 16, 2017
I once heard a missionary speak of great awakenings around the world. It was clear that in every case, the “spirit of prayer” is tied to the last harvest. In Vietnam, China, Siberia, the Amazon, Africa, God’s people are praying with fire and fervency — weeping and crying out to God, seeking His face, dealing with sin and turning to righteousness.
You cannot manufacture this kind of inclination to pray; it is the result of the spirit of supplication. We called for weeks of prayer at Times Square Church and experienced a small taste of this outpouring of the Spirit. Indeed, there is a measure of fire and diligence in prayer throughout this nation but we have not yet experienced the outpouring of the spirit of supplication.

God is showing me that even the desire and inclination to pray must come from the Holy Spirit. The answer is found in Zechariah 10:1: “Ask the Lord for rain in the time of the latter rain. The Lord will make flashing clouds; He will give them showers of rain, grass in the field for everyone.”

We must ask the Lord for the spirit of supplication! He is telling us in Zechariah, “Ask and I will give you this burden from heaven. But you must seek it from Me.”

It is time we started asking the Lord, “Oh, God, pour out your Holy Spirit on me that I may learn to pray! Open up the fountain and let me be a part of Your final harvest!”

Once His spirit of supplication showers down upon you, you will find yourself praying for holiness, godliness, purity. You will intercede for your lost loved ones and weep over this dying world. But you must ask the Holy Spirit to do it in you — and then trust Him!
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Postby ROCK SOLID » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

THE PLACE WAS SO QUIET
David Wilkerson
June 22, 2017

Years ago I was invited to speak at Yale University. Upon my arrival, I was warned that a group of demonstrators in the audience was ready to interrupt me on notice. As I stepped up to the podium, I saw some of those protesters holding signs.

My message that night was, “HELL: WHAT IT’S LIKE AND WHO IS GOING THERE.” I preached exactly what Jesus said: “There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 13:50). As I spoke, there was total silence in the auditorium and the atmosphere grew heavy with conviction. Afterward, everyone filed out of the auditorium in stunned silence.

I will never forget that service. There was a true fear of God in that place, a reverential awe, even among those most resistant to the gospel. A well-known writer for The New York Times covered the event and later he told me, “The place was so quiet that my pen sounded loud.”

As I walked through the lobby after the event, some of the protesters were still there with their signs. When they saw me, they turned away. They had no explanation for the majesty and holiness of God they had just encountered.

I tell you that those days of godly fear are long gone. Today Satan has unleashed a gospel of convenience. Now there are paid ads on New York City buses reading, “There Is No God — Enjoy Yourself!” On London buses, similar signs read, “There Is No God — Let’s Party!”

Why do such references to God persist over time? It is because humankind has never been able to fully shake off a fear of the consequences of sin. The world is nagged by the reality of a Judgment Day, a time of final accounting, and a literal hell. The Holy Spirit has been faithful to warn every generation, no matter how fallen. And He is speaking right now!
Willard

ROCK SOLID

Previous

Return to Bible Study