Welcome
Welcome to Joel's Trumpet!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Gog and Magog

Moderator: Moderators

Gog and Magog

Postby Barclay » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:00 pm

After watching Joel's DVD's "Islam and the End Times" I wonder about Rev.20:7-8 where it says that Satan will muster Gog and Magog together with many other nations to war against Jerusalem. Joel says that Gog is the Antichrist. How can this be when in Rev.19:20 the Antichrist is cast into the lake of fire? Question 2: Are there two Gog and Magog wars and if so, who then is Gog in this passage?
Barclay

Re: Gog and Magog

Postby ROCK SOLID » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:27 pm

As far as I understand this as do some others Gog comes twice the second time at the end of 1000 years - Satan who possessed the A/C or the Beast (Gog) the first time around will be released from his prision for a very short time and come back as the leader of Magog and and than be thrown into the lake of fire with the A/C (BEAST) and the False Prophet. Be interesting to hear the opinions of others.

Rev 20:7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison Rev 20:8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth Gog and Magog to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. Rev 20:9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. Rev 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Willard

Gal 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world
ROCK SOLID

Postby Reginald » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Hello Willard,

Definitely agree with you that there are two distinctly different times when Gog and Magog do their thing. The one after the Millenium is easy. The one in Ezekiel is subject to controversy.

In reading Chapters 38 and 39 of Ezekiel, some interesting scriptures concerning the state of things in Israel cause me to question the contemporary understanding of the timing of this attack.

37:8-9 reads, "After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely. 9 You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.”

Well it establishes it as being in the latter years, when Israel has been gathered, 'and now all of them dwell safely'.

v 11 "You will say, ‘I will go up against a land of unwalled villages; I will go to a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates’"

Doesn't sound like Israel today, with its wall being built and the state of war readiness they are constantly having to maintain.

v14 “Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say to Gog, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “On that day when My people Israel dwell safely, will you not know it? 15 Then you will come from your place out of the far north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great company and a mighty army. 16 You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.”

Again the Lord says its in the latter days, and that Israel is dwelling safely.

v 19 and 20 speak of a massive earthquake and then v 22-23 22 And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed; I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on the many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire, and brimstone. 23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”’

The LORD Himself destroys the armies and many among the nations then know the Lord, at least they see His Hand.

v 39:7 So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel, and I will not let them profane My holy name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Wow! Israel gets a revelation of the LORD at this time. When is this time? And it gets more interesting.....

11 “It will come to pass in that day that I will give Gog a burial place there in Israel, the valley of those who pass by east of the sea; and it will obstruct travelers, because there they will bury Gog and all his multitude. Therefore they will call it the Valley of Hamon Gog.[e] 12 For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land. 13 Indeed all the people of the land will be burying, and they will gain renown for it on the day that I am glorified,” says the Lord GOD. 14 “They will set apart men regularly employed, with the help of a search party,[f] to pass through the land and bury those bodies remaining on the ground, in order to cleanse it. At the end of seven months they will make a search. 15 The search party will pass through the land; and when anyone sees a man’s bone, he shall set up a marker by it, till the buriers have buried it in the Valley of Hamon Gog. 16 The name of the city will also be Hamonah. Thus they shall cleanse the land.”’

Now I know for sure that not many with the present array of tribulation theories can find a place for this. But there is more.

I forgot to mention v 9-10 “Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and bucklers, the bows and arrows, the javelins and spears; and they will make fires with them for seven years. 10 They will not take wood from the field nor cut down any from the forests, because they will make fires with the weapons; and they will plunder those who plundered them, and pillage those who pillaged them,” says the Lord GOD.
After the sacrificial meal for the birds and the beasts in verses 17-20

Seven years of burning weapons for firewood.

v 21 “I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgment which I have executed, and My hand which I have laid on them. 22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day forward. 23 The Gentiles shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity; because they were unfaithful to Me, therefore I hid My face from them. I gave them into the hand of their enemies, and they all fell by the sword. 24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I have dealt with them, and hidden My face from them.”’
25 “Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name— 26 after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid. 27 When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations, 28 then they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer. 29 And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ says the Lord GOD.”

I am just not trying to interpret this, but take a plain reading. It seems to me that this is when all Israel gets to know the LORD, when He has poured out His Spirit on them.

Where is the tribulation in all this? Where is Jacob's Trouble in all this? Not saying those things don't happen, but the above passage does not place them in the context of Israel receiving an out pouring of God's Spirit so that they all know Him in the latter days.

Much more on this, but enough for now.

Cheers

Reg

PS Now watch for those who will depart from the plain meaning and try to 'interpret' the above Scriptures to fit their end-time paradigm.
Reginald

Postby Dybarra19 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

This is interesting because as I have done some research on skull and bones occult. I will have you know that there was a president that his bonesmen name is Magog! I am not saying that this person is the AC however, I find it interesting in how the occult uses names such as these.
Dybarra19

Postby Dolph » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Gog, the Antichrist , attacks Israel twice. The first will be in the middle of the tribulation of Daniel's 70th Week and only 10 nations will be with him, Dan.11:35-45; between this war and the fulfillment of Ez. 38-39 the combined nations of the north and east will make war on Gog and he will leave Palestine to go forth against these new enemies until they are defeated at the end of the week, Dan.11:44. Then A/C attacks Israel the second time with all the other armies he has defeated and allied himself with for the battle of Armageddon. By this time all of Ez.38-39 has transpired and Christ will set up His kingdom.

When Satan is released at the end of the Millennium he attacks the lands of Gog and Magog.

All the verses quoted above by Reg are in harmony with the traditional pre-trib paradigm. Israel will be at peace following the peace treaty the A/C will make with Israel and all Israel will be saved when they see the scars in Christ's side and hands at His appearing. There is no reason to believe Israel gets saved at some other point in time.
Dolph

Postby Reginald » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:29 pm

So then, Dolph,

In contradiction to the scriptures, with your pre-trib paradigm, you have Israel being attacked by Gog in the middle of a seven year tribulation.

Yet the scriptures in Ezekiel speak of Israel being in a time of peace, a peaceful people without walls.

And Gog is destroyed miraculously, Israel buries the dead and burns their weapons for seven years, not needing to cut any trees for firewood.

Hardly a gathering of the elect by the angels immediately after the tribulation.

24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

Your attention to the details of the scriptures leaves a lot to be desired and consequently you end up in this fantasy land pre-trib nonsense.

Get a revelation.

Reg
Reginald

Postby Dolph » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Reg, above you didn't give a scripture reference but the A/C makes a 7 year peace with Israel and 3 1/2 years later, in the middle of the week, when Satan is expelled from Heaven the A/C attacks the Women, Israel (Rev.C. 12) but is distracted by problems in the north and east (Dan.11:24), conquers those foes and returns to take back Jerusalem which the Jews had recovered in his absence. Then the Lord returns with the saints who defeat the A/C.
Dolph

Postby buildthefarm » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:03 pm

i didn't read all this but i have my own view. Gog is written in the genealogies. one of joels decedents oddly enough;P 1 chronicles 5:4
not sure if thats the same Gog, but i know Gog is a mans name in the old testament. how are lands and areas often named in the bible? remember canaan? he was grandson of noah and father of the land of canaan right? Gog is father of the land of magog, magog means literally the place where gog is the king. the region of the ancient land of gog is in eastern turkey. what else is in that area? according to Jesus the devils throne is in pergamum right in that area. the nation of turkey can be called by the name assyria on the western half and gog on the eastern if one were so inclined. it is the glory of God to conceal a matter, it is the glory of kings to search it out. God likes making us seek this type of understanding because it requires His guidance and searching. the internet is way helpful for this too but that all being said, i think the Gog/Magog war is split into 2 sections. first the 6 day war in 1967 when turkey joined with all the nations around Israel and attacked only to allow Israel to take territory and win the war in under a week and gain fame for the name of the Lord, lots of that prophecy fits that war. in the next war coming up soon is the part about burying the bodies for several months and all that. it'll be way bigger. and frankly considering the times this war may take place right around mid trib or could precede the treaty, but i suspect it is in the process of being arranged right now. its all lining up
buildthefarm

Postby ROCK SOLID » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:30 pm

I would agree with your last line - the pawns are all being set in place
Willard

Gal 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world
ROCK SOLID

Return to Joel\'s books, audio, and recommendations